Chatham County Maternity Care & Rural Residency Track Initiatives
You are the key to creating a healthier community.
Did you know that over the past two decades, maternity units — and hospitals in general — in rural areas have been closing at rapid rates?
These closures have resulted in increased infant and mother mortality and suffering across North Carolina and the nation. The leading cause of the closures is the inability to recruit well-trained health professionals.
However, we have a plan. Health professionals trained in small and rural communities are up to three times more likely to continue their careers in similar settings while improving the care where they are trained.
Now that you know, how can you help?
As an engaged citizen, we know the health of your community is important to you.
This is an opportunity to be a part of something truly special. Your support for the Chatham Rural Maternity Care Initiative or the Rural and Underserved Residency Track Initiative — or both — will enable us to bring quality care to our community and to those who have not always had easy access.
For more information on how to help, including potential naming opportunities that will become available, please contact Jen Bowman at 919-966-0600 or firstname.lastname@example.org. To make a credit card gift now, see below.
- Establish a Level 1 Maternity Care Unit at Chatham Hospital
- Create an innovative staffing plan that will provide excellent care and serve as a model for other hospitals across North Carolina
- Dramatically improve access to prenatal care for our region
- Ensure the new maternity unit has the necessary equipment and resources to care for newborns and their mothers
- Improve access to high quality primary care for our community
- Make our community the home of an innovative rural care training program for North Carolina’s future doctors and health professionals
- Create new jobs in western Chatham County
You can make an impact
The future is promising for maternity care in Siler City, but we cannot make it happen without your help. Thank you for your support.
Should you have any questions or would like to discuss your support, please contact:
Interim Senior Executive Director of Development, Advancing Health