COVID-19 Response Fund
Leaders from across our system have been working tirelessly to ensure we are prepared to provide excellent care for COVID-19 patients while keeping other patients, colleagues and guests safe. For those who feel called to support UNC Health during this time of crisis, we have created a new COVID-19 Response Fund to provide for emerging needs in the immediate term. This fund will provide support to those who need it most urgently – our patients and their families, our health care team, our researchers and our students.
Gifts to the COVID-19 Response Fund will provide critical funding for UNC Health’s immediate needs to fight the pandemic. These include:
- Assistance programs providing UNC Health employees with meals, groceries and stipends for emergency child care
- Staffing of an emotional support helpline managed by the UNC Department of Psychiatry
- Tablets in patient rooms to enable communication with loved ones while visitation is restricted
- Funding for our experts in Infectious Disease and Pathology and Laboratory Medicine to conduct testing research and clinical trials
- Personal protective equipment for our health care providers on the front line
For more information on COVID-19 and UNC Health’s response to the outbreak, please visit the UNC Health COVID-19 resource page.