COVID-19 Response Fund
Leaders from across the UNC Health system have worked tirelessly to ensure excellent care for COVID-19 patients while keeping other patients, colleagues and guests safe. For those who feel called to support UNC Health during this time of crisis, the COVID-19 Response Fund provides funding for emerging and continuing needs related to the pandemic. This fund provides support to those who need it most urgently – our patients and their families, our healthcare team, our researchers and our students.
Gifts to the COVID-19 Response Fund provide critical funding for UNC Health’s immediate needs to fight the pandemic. These include:
- Assistance programs that have provided UNC Health employees with meals, groceries and stipends for emergency child care
- Staffing of an emotional support helpline managed by the UNC Department of Psychiatry
- Funding for our experts in Infectious Disease and Pathology and Laboratory Medicine who have led the way in the global push to create vaccines and tests
- Deployment of a UNC Health mobile clinic to bring testing and vaccines to underrepresented communities
- Initial funding for the UNC Health COVID Recovery Clinic to treat long-haul syndrome patients
- Personal protective equipment for our healthcare providers on the front line
For more information on COVID-19 and UNC Health’s response to the pandemic, please visit the UNC Health COVID-19 resource page.